What You'll Do Here
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will develop software to sustain our world-class security solutions in public and private clouds. You will bring your knack and thirst to drive technical issues related to product development:
- Enabling our FIDO® Certified FIDO2 Server to use NoSQL databases and LDAP directory servers of major cloud service providers (CSP)
- Leveraging cloud hardware security modules (HSM) to store cryptographic keys used by the FIDO Server
- Taking ownership of and maintaining the CSP independent API supported by our core modules
• Support the development cycles of features in StrongKey's Tellaro appliances to deliver single and multi-tenant services to customers
• Building the instrumentation for provisioning services, revenue collection, performance monitoring and support of multi-tenant StrongKey Tellaro (our security appliance) services, as well as single-tenant FIDO services in public and private clouds or on-premise deployments
• Ensuring 24-hour support of Tellaro services to customers around the world
• Act as leader and contributor on a variety of engineering projects with deep technical knowledge of Linux, TCP/IP, Java, and a variety of web services
Note: These requirements are the most desired qualifications. If you do not meet all of them, we still encourage you to apply, and in particular, explain how you might meet any significant gaps.
• 0-3 years of experience in an engineering environment
• Self-starter with good project management skills
• Good understanding of data security regulations: PCI DSS, PSD2, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, etc.
• Hands-on experience with RHEL, Java Enterprise Edition and open-source environments
• PKI experience and exposure to smart cards, cryptographic hardware modules, TPM, HSM etc.
• Experience with FIDO protocols a plus
• Familiarity with the computing models of public cloud services
• Ability to communicate effectively in a worldwide environment
• BS or MS in Computer Science
StrongKey makes data breaches irrelevant. We are redefining the way businesses and government agencies secure their information against the inevitability of a breach through four specific practices that ensure their data, no matter the format, remains encrypted and protected at the highest possible level. While other security solutions focus on predicting, containing, or looking after the perimeter, StrongKey provides strong authentication, application-level encryption, and digital signatures which are underpinned by hardware-backed key management to ensure data security even with an attacker on your network. We’re trusted by some of the largest companies and critical government agencies around the globe, and provide tailored solutions for multinational corporations, small businesses, and even individuals working from a home office.
Founded in 2001, we are now in a pivotal growth stage, which creates a unique opportunity for anyone joining the StrongKey team. We offer the autonomy, excitement, strategy-setting, and challenge of a startup, with the stability of nearly 20 years of proven security, thought leadership, and a working business model. If you are tired of being lost in the crowd and yearn for the opportunity to make a personal impact, StrongKey may be a compelling place for you to work.
The Kind of Person Who Might Enjoy Working Here
• Someone who knows how to communicate well in all circumstances, whether requiring directness, empathy, feedback, listening, or all of the above; we value the “human” in human capital and we're looking for people who feel the same way
• A person who is equally comfortable chatting with a non-technical customer and sharing technical information
• Has high-energy, optimistic, creative, curious, people-oriented, and flexible (we're a startup even if we've been around a while!)
• Has a love of life outside of work; personal balance is important to us
StrongKey is based out of Durham, NC and Cupertino, CA, and we work primarily from home (currently), but do use our Cupertino office sparingly with social distancing protocols. This position is based in Cupertino, CA. Candidates from the Sacramento, CA area will also be considered.
You will receive a competitive salary, equity stake, and an attractive benefits package. You will also have the opportunity to help build a business and work closely with everyone in the company. If you're motivated to help to write a company's story as it begins a new chapter, this is a powerful opportunity to join the ground floor of a business we truly believe is going to be meaningful.
Please send your resume and a short cover letter (no longer than a page) to email@example.com. If you’d like to learn more without applying, please feel free to drop us a line.