StrongKey makes data breaches irrelevant. We are redefining the way businesses and government agencies secure their information against the inevitability of a breach through four specific practices that ensure their data, no matter the format, remains encrypted and protected at the highest possible level. While other security solutions focus on predicting, containing, or looking after the perimeter, StrongKey provides strong authentication, application-level encryption, and digital signatures which are underpinned by hardware-backed key management to ensure data security even with an attacker on your network. We’re trusted by some of the largest companies and critical government agencies around the globe, and provide tailored solutions for multinational corporations, small businesses, and even individuals working from a home office.
Founded in 2001, we are now in a pivotal growth stage, which creates a unique opportunity for anyone joining the StrongKey team. We offer the autonomy, excitement, strategy-setting, and challenge of a startup, with the stability of nearly 20 years of proven security, thought leadership, and a working business model. If you are tired of being lost in the crowd and yearn for the opportunity to make a personal impact, we may be a compelling place for you to work.
What You’ll Do Here
This is an exciting opportunity help launch a first-ever type of security service – some of the strongest data protection and key management to ever be available in the cloud. You will work alongside our engineering team, and report to the COO for operational direction and CTO for technical direction. As additional resources are hired to support operational functions, you will lead a team and support our technical infrastructure, ensuring its availability, security, and compliance with regulations (like PCI DSS, PSD2, GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, CMMC, etc.). You will bring your ability to drive technical operational issues related to maintaining the up-time of systems across multiple data centers, 24 hours a day, such as:
· Production process development, documentation, optimization and validation
· Implementation of new instances of StrongKey's Tellaro appliances to deliver single and multi-tenant cryptographic key management services to customers
· Ensuring 24-hour availability of Tellaro services to customers around the world
· Set standard practices while working with auditors to ensure compliance to SOC 2 Type 1/Type 2, PCI DSS, Web Trust, HIPAA, and similar data protection regulations
· Act as leader on a variety of implementation projects with deep technical knowledge of Linux, TCP/IP, Java, and a variety of web services
· Design and develop technical processes to improve operational quality and efficiency
· Provide regular communication of operational technical health
· Help create onboarding documentation and tutorials to guide customers as they sign up for our services
· Listen to and learn from customers to make our cloud offerings market leading
These requirements are the most desired qualifications. If you do not meet all of them, we still encourage you to apply, and in particular, explain how you might meet any significant gaps. Note:
· 10-15+ years of experience in a data center operations environment; 5+ as an operations manager or 10+ senior operations engineer
· Excellent project management skills
· Direct experience leading to any of the following certifications: SOC 2, PCI DSS, PSD2, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, etc.
· Hands-on experience with managing RHEL, Java, Apache HTTPD, and open-source environments
· PKI experience and exposure to smart cards, cryptographic hardware modules, TPM, etc.; experience with FIDO protocols a plus
· Java Enterprise Edition application server knowledge a plus
· Familiarity with the computing models of public cloud services
· Experience working with OEM partners
· Ability to communicate effectively in a worldwide environment
· BS or MS in Computer Science
The Kind of Person Who Might Enjoy Working Here
· Someone who knows how to communicate well in all circumstances, whether requiring directness, empathy, feedback, listening, or all of the above; we value the “human” in human capital and we're looking for people who feel the same way
· A person who is equally comfortable chatting with a non-technical customer and sharing technical information
· Has high-energy, optimistic, creative, curious, people-oriented, and flexible (we're a startup even if we've been around a while!)
· Has a love of life outside of work; personal balance is important to us
StrongKey is based out of Durham, NC and Cupertino, CA, and we work primarily from home (currently), but do use our Cupertino office sparingly with social-distancing protocols. This position is based in Cupertino, CA. Candidates from the Sacramento, CA area will also be considered.
You will receive a competitive salary, equity stake, and an attractive benefits package. You will also have the opportunity to help build a business and work closely with everyone in the company. If you're motivated to help to write a company's story as it begins a new chapter, this is a powerful opportunity to join the ground floor of a business we truly believe is going to be meaningful.
Please send your resume and a short cover letter (no longer than a page) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like to learn more without applying, please feel free to drop us a line.